Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back to the grind

Wow, I got really emotional last night as I was sitting there thinking about going back to work. I cried so much that I had dark circles under my eyes this morning, but it was a good release for my soul. I just had so much fun on vacation, that I didn't want it to end. I was so relaxed, and today that relaxation has carried over. But it sucks to be back at work. Fortunately I only have a three day week, as I have class on Friday. April and I are planning an old fashioned girl's slumber party weekend at school, as she is staying with me in the hotel. It's going to be a blast! I haven't had one of those in a long while, and it will be good for both of us. She just got broken up with, and she and I are very similar in that we both need more fun in our lives.

My coworkers were happy to see me, as they told me that they missed my calming and pleasant presence over the last week. That was very sweet of them, its good to feel needed. They all wanted to know how meeting Sam's family went, and I had to explain to them again that he and I are just friends and it wasn't one of those big deals in relationships. Older people are always trying to marry me off, which is nice in a weird kind of way. I think they finally got it, but who knows. They are from the school of thought that you don't meet the family unless it is serious... I told them times have changed and men and women can be friends and meet each other's families. Some didn't look like they believed me, but that's not my problem! hehe :)

No comments: