Thursday, July 2, 2009

I can have it all!

That's the new mantra that my therapist expects me to start saying. As I was explaining my latest thoughts to her she said that it sounded like I'm an over-planner. And unfortunately I can't plan life.

I have all of these rules for when things are supposed to happen, and I get worked up when they don't. And, she said, based on my ramblings, I have a tendency to believe that I have to have one or the other. I can't have everything. When, in reality, I don't have to compromise. I can have it all!

I've been trying to force myself to accept the fact that I'm an adult now and everything I wanted, I may have to do myself. I've been trying to make myself give up my dream of having a loving husband forever. And trying to make myself choose the single life. Because, that was the "right thing to do" to get on with it. But I don't have to accept that - I can have it all!

I just need to give myself permission to have it. And I am!

I leave tomorrow for my vacation, and I can't wait!!!!!!! I need a break! Lots of pictures will be posted when I get back!

Happy 4th of July! It's my very own Independence Day!

No comments: