Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Counting down...

I have about 30mins before I get to leave for the day, and it can't come sooner. Our building has been without water for most of the morning and early afternoon. The office we work in decided to leave the building open, but allow the employees to go home. However, my boss, didn't think being without bathrooms was a big deal, and got pissed because we suggested going elsewhere to work. She kept saying that she couldn't give us the day off, and we kept saying that we didn't want the day off, we just didn't want to stay here. She was stuck in traffic and getting pissy in the heart of DC, so most of us just decided to stay here since she was coming back to the office. Two of my coworkers went to the extra space we have at Harbor, but the water came back on around 1:30pm.

This place is quiet as can be. We had a moment of hilarity when Jocelyn wanted to test out the new mattress camping pad that she bought. It is self inflating and we couldn't figure out how to get the air out of it. Finally we started just rolling it, which worked, but then she let it go by accident to grab the cord to wrap it, and the thing re inflated. I was on the floor hysterical at her expression. Other than that I've been sending emails to friends and checking out dating websites on my blackberry.

I do have work to do, but I don't feel like it... its going to be a bear. I have about 60+ forms to compile and theme... boring. I have all of tomorrow free after my doctors appointment, so I will work on them then.

I'm looking forward to this weekend already. Saturday I'm going to New Jersey for a family reunion, and then Sunday I'm having lunch with my friend Stephanie. I'm heading down to NOVA for that, and we should have a good time. I'm really loving my new girlfriends, as I'm opening myself to them and I'm finding people who have really similar lives and situations. I'm looking forward to when my friend Sam gets back into town at the end of August... as he can join in on the single people fun and craziness.

I'm stepping up my workout program at the gym. I've been doing 30 mins of the elliptical, but now its time to start extending the time or moving faster. But I may do the bike tonight as I have a book I have to start reading for my new book club. Its easier for me to ride and read opposed to run and read.

Come on last 30mins.....

No comments: