Monday, July 27, 2009

Secrets

So I truly believe that the brain is more powerful then given credit, and changing your attitude can change your whole life. I'm starting week two of having fun and being stress free - and it's working!

I finished reading The Secret, and now I just need to test it out. The piece that I know is going to be tricky for me is the belief section. You have to believe with everything inside of you that its (whatever it is that you want) going to happen and act like it already happened. Live your life like you have what you are asking for. And don't do anything that is contradictory. For instance, a story shared in the book was about a woman wanting a life partner. She wished and believed, but she wasn't living like she already had it. So she started parking on one side of her parking pad to make room for another car, cleaned out her closet to make room for a man's clothing, and started sleeping on "her" side of the bed, and no longer in the middle. Once she started living like she already had a partner, she got one. Interesting... so the trick is living like you already have it.

Anyway, I had a great weekend. I went out with friends on Friday night to an outside movie, and it ended just before the sky opened up and poured on us! Saturday I found a peach orchard in PA, after getting a pedi and mani at the spa. I had a delicious fresh peach sundae before going out to dinner with my mom later that evening. Sunday I went to the movies and then decided to get my haircut. I told my stylist to do whatever she wanted, just not too short. I have bangs now, just a side-sweep, and lots of layers. It's cute!

Tonight I'm going to be in Bethesda and meet my friend April for Happy Hour - yay! I also updated my online dating profiles this weekend, and I'm back on the market! I decided that what I was really feeling for the guy friend I mentioned before was just love of a friend, and not some romantic thing my mind wanted to craft. I'm open to anything!

No comments: