Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Amy-ism

So here's a distinct Amy-ism that happens every morning around this time. When I'm eating my morning banana, I start singing the song "Bananas in Pajamas" in my head. It pops up every day, and sometimes, if my coworkers are lucky, I'll hum/sing it out loud. They really love me! hehe

I'm wearing my new soft pink sweater that I got from Old Navy when I bought out half of the company stock this weekend. Its such a great color for my coloring, as it makes me appear delicate. Its sweet in a humble way.

My breathing session went really well last night with David. I actually got "activated" which means that I passed some emotion through me with my intention, and released it through tears. My intention was to "release anger." Actually, my intention was specific and longer, but I had to halt the session when I started because I was supposed to say the intention with the inhale, and I couldn't get through the entire sentence before my body was ready to exhale. David promptly "lost his shit" at that moment, correct the problem by giving me the shorter intention, and away we went. He also had to turn around and not watch me when we were doing the breathing dance, because I came out with the cabbage patch and started rocking it old school. But I did hit him with two heavy topics, so he was ready to call his instructor for reinforcement, but he worked with me off the cuff and did a wonderful job in the process.

During the activation, I just remember feeling that I wanted to be upside down. But the rational part of me knew that I couldn't do the full breathing if I did that. But I wanted to move into plow pose, but I compensated by just pulling my knees up. As the music was getting more intense, I put my hands on my head, and I remember doing that to try to make the emotion stop and hold it in, but then I remembered that I have to let it go. I started crying hysterically, but I kept breathing through it, as I figured it was more than just anger I was releasing, it was deep hurt. David also stayed closer to my feet this time, as he said that I spend too much time in my head as it is, and I need to get into my body. He said that by sitting by my head, that will make too much energy up there. He also used sage to purify me, and a turkey feather to clean out my charkas.

I also have such intense and vivid dreams when I go to sleep after a session with him. Nothing to write home about, but it was just odd. Actually the subject of my anger was in the dream, and we were getting along as if nothing happened. Interesting... There was someone else in the dream, a guy that I knew and felt comfortable with, he was very important to me, but when I woke up, I lost him.

I'm going to be a crazy woman and work on my homework at work today. I just need to get it done! I don't want to! hehe

No comments: