Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Reason, Season, or a Lifetime

I've heard the statement before, "People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime." As they come into your world, they are there to teach you a lesson, and they are there to help you grow. Life is about spiraling out of the patterns and behaviors we have set forth within us from previous lives, and true enlightenment means letting them go to not live the pattern any longer.

Before I go on, most would be outraged at the good Catholic girl talking about previous lives. I have many issues with the traditional teachings of the church, but it makes sense to me that we are on this planet, living different life experiences, until we get it right. Maybe this is our purgatory. I don't know, and no one else really does for that matter. But I do know there is a God, or a Source, and all energy in our soul's spring from that eternal. It makes sense to me that we are called into different life experiences in order to learn from them, and to become better. "Heaven worthy" if you will.

I was reading more from the book "Let Go" and something struck me again, a lot of things are striking me in my reading. Basically I can continue to stand in place and spin, or I can stop. Its always a choice. I don't have to do anything that I don't want to do. I don't have to think about something constantly based on an event that happened, nor do I have to plot the perfect revenge to hurt someone as badly as they hurt me. I don't have to waste the time thinking of all the motives they are plotting to "get me." To pull one over on me, to use me. I don't have to wonder why the story they delivered changed so quickly when they realized that they couldn't make me feel guilty or manipulate me in that way. That is their "work" to do. My "work" is to find my path, and to let go of what is hindering me from what I want.

I feel like I just completed a season with Sam. Since I'm really great at waxing poetic on various topics, I can go with this one by saying that he came into my life to hold me together when I fell apart over the summer. I needed someone who had been there, could explain it to me in a way I could understand, and get close enough to me that I trusted him completely with everything wrong. I felt that I could share my head and not have to worry about censoring anything so I wouldn't scare them. For him, I was the last and most impactful person he had to hurt in order to break his pattern. By his own admission, he did everything wrong by me, and everything right by Amber. For whatever the reason, I needed to be that person, otherwise the lesson would not have been learned.

Now its time to change and move on. I don't think this is the end for us, as I think seasons will continue to show up for this lifetime. But it is the end of what once was. That makes me sad. In my "Let Go" book, the sadness comes from daydreaming about what life could have been like, and not living in the reality of what is actually happening. That's why humans make themselves sad, unrealistic expectations. And I did that.

But the Law of Attraction is one that I keep returning to, time and time again. I've been doing the Metta Loving-kindness practice, and I feel like I am drawing happy and good things to me. I feel stronger, I feel joy in my soul, and I feel excited for every new path this is coming my way. I feel healed. I have a lot to learn, as does everyone else, but I'm going to enjoy it this time. My joy is bringing people in my life who wouldn't normally be there. Hopefully now I'm attracting people who are good for me, just as I want to be good for them.

No comments: