Monday, October 12, 2009

Full weekend!

I had such an awesome weekend... I feel like I keep saying that every weekend, but as I'm spiraling up, things just keep getting more fun!

I spent the night over Stacey's on Friday, and we had an awesome cheeseburger dinner, killed 2 bottles of wine, then passed out while watching one of my favorite movies, Moulin Rouge. We got up bright and early on Saturday morning... actually it wasn't bright, it was before the butt-crack of dawn, and headed out for our bus trip to NY. We arrived in NYC around 10:15am, did some window shopping on 8th Ave before eating lunch at 11am.

Lunch was an interesting experience, as we met a crazy drunken Australian. Stacey was weary, but he was harmless. He later brought his wife in when we were still eating, and I felt bad for her, for having to deal with his drunkenness. I have been there, where you are just waiting for them to pass out, so they would shut up. Luckily I don't have to deal with that anymore! We had yummy Indian food, and the waitstaff just took extra care of us, since we were the first customers of the day.

After deciding to navigate the subway, we headed into Brooklyn. I finally got one of my New York wishes, to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was an awesome experience, with great views. She and I are picture happy, so we have many that I haven't uploaded yet. It was also the Breast Cancer 2-day walk so we were dodging people walking on their 17 mile leg of the tour. We headed back uptown after that to Central Park. The line to get into the zoo was huge, and we didn't have a lot of time, so we decided to just enjoy the park.

That was my 3rd time into the park, and I have yet to find the castle. I'm beginning to think it is a myth. But when I go back in November, I'll have more time, and I will find it! It has to be there somewhere!

We found a couple of street fairs that we hit up, before heading to a yummy French cafe for dessert. We ordered the chocolate fondue, which was amazing. I will be going there again! I also got a few more scarves to add to my collection.

Sunday found me teaching my first Confirmation class. This was just the parent meeting, so I got to lay down the law. I have more boys in my class then girls this year, so this should be interesting. It can one of many ways, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I went to lunch with Mom, and then we saw "Couples Retreat". That was cute!

I got to talk a bit to a few guys I've met on a dating website in the afternoon of Sunday. After talking to my mom about it over lunch, and adding it up.... I'm in the email communication stage with 6 different guys. Two have my number, and I got to meet one on the phone before my yoga class last night. He's really sweet, so hopefully we'll be able to get together soon. I'm just enjoying myself, which is what matters. The Law of Attraction is in full force!

I took a Hot Yoga class last night for the first time. It was so crowded, but so rewarding. Its not lady-like, but I sweated my ass off. Some of the poses were difficult, but once I let myself get into the stretch it was amazing. I will definitely be going back, maybe twice a month.

No comments: