Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fowl-up!

So all of us came close to joining the Turkey Club last night (three strikes in a row is a "turkey"), but we all ended up as Chickens (my terminology for two strikes in a row). But at least we didn't completely fowl up! hahahahaahah I do crack myself up sometimes! hehehe We did sweep the other team with a 2 out of 3 win, but they were so drunk I'd be afraid of how they bowl sober. My personal game wasn't that good overall, but I was just completely drained from this week.

I've been so busy that I haven't really had any time for self-reflection. My blogs are usually filled with some sort of inspirational drivel, but nothing has been going on that much to inspire me to be introspective. I know I'll probably have a melt-down sometime around the week of July 12-17th, as that is when I had met my ex and it would have been my 2 year anniversary with him. If you'd like to skip the next few weeks of blogs and just come back around that time, I'm sure it will be entertaining. Actually, I'm being a smart ass - something I do well.

I think I'm officially over the whole thing, and just so done with it, that I'm ready to move on. I guess I called it correctly when he asked me if it would be hard for me to get over him, and I answered with that I'd be fine in a couple of months. I'm just also so done with trying to get the attention or love from people who really don't want my attention or love. Last I checked, the telephone, email, and IM both send and receive, communication is not one way. If they want me in their life, then they will have to make the effort. It's really that simple.

I need to practice what I preach, and have the difficult conversations and courage to stand-up to the behavior that I find unacceptable. The issue I run into is that the other person isn't mature enough to see the behavior, so I come across as "crazy". Because you know, I have nothing better to do than sit around and plot these sorts of things and make shit up... how tiring.

I'm sorry, but in my need and drive for growth, if the train leaves without you, that's your own fault.

No comments: