Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday sick day...

I woke up in the middle of the night with an upset stomach... which didn't relieve itself by work time. I sent my boss and assistant in the office an email from my blackberry, and in bed I stayed. Its afternoon now, I just tried eating something, so let's see how this goes.

I'm trying to maintain my drama-free lifestyle, but last night it was really hard. I had posted a journal on okcupid last week to start up conversations with people. The journal just said that I was bored, so lets play the question game, and feel free to ask me anything. I got one or two responses, but nothing overly exciting.

Last night I was reading this guy's most recent journal post, which was pretty funny. It was talking about how people put so many requirements on their profile of what they are looking for, that they almost weed out everyone. He decided to make a list of all of his requirements, which really did weed out everyone. Because of his use of humor, I wanted to see what his other posts were like.

I came upon one written the same night that I posted my "question game" one, and he was actually picking on me in his journal entry! He didn't mention me by name, but his journal entry was about him wondering why people post journals like that (he quoted parts of it, enough for me to recognize it!), when he has no interest in asking questions to people that he doesn't care about, or has no interest in getting to know. Then he went on to say he was just as bad as I am, because he was posting a journal entry about other people's journal entries. How rude! There are a lot of knuckleheads in the world!

I didn't even bother responding, but it's people like him who ruin it for everyone else. The sad thing is that based on his writing style, he's pretty funny and interesting, so I know we would have had some good email correspondence going on - but apparently I'm not worth it. That just cracks me up! :)

I also asked for feedback in the forums on okcupid about my profile. I only got one response, which told me that it was very good and interesting, but I sound like I'm peppy and full of energy, which could turn low-energy people off. But then in the next sentence I was told that peppy and full of energy is okay, if I'm really like that in person. It just goes to show that personal opinion is so varied, and what one person likes, no one else may. I'm okay with that!

1 comment:

tralatrala said...

I hope it wasn't anything at the shower that upset your stomach!!! :\