Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Status quo

Well, the seafood buffet and creamed chip beef put me over the edge this weekend, and I didn't loose any weight this week. :( But not gaining anything is always a good thing too! My coworker keeps telling me that she thinks I'm losing inches, as I look slim in my clothing - yay!

I've been making new online friends in the DC/NOVA area on a few of the websites I have accounts. It's funny that most of my percentage matches are in that area of the world, but I did read somewhere that the largest population of 30something professionals is in that part of the US. It'll be fun to meet up with them while I'm down there for class starting in September. It's always exciting to meet new people and learn about them.

My "Win a Date With Amy" contest came to a close with only three potential entries - the rest were weirdos! The first is from Canada and has a girlfriend, but likes to answer questions. The second is from NY, but he's looking for a wife to get married tomorrow. Ummm.... no. And the third is my brother from another mother, Ryan. Out of the 3 of them, the only one I can grant the winner to is Ryan - but we don't live in West Virginia. :) However, we do have a pact that we made when we were both around 20, single, and thought we'd never find love: If we were both single when we are 30, we are to go on a real date (it was never as dramatic as the pacts that others made of marriage, just a date so that we both weren't alone on our 30th birthdays, and we could dress up and go somewhere fancy.) hehehehehe :) But, he's happily in love with Heather, which is a wonderful thing for them, so I'll need to make a pact with someone else ;)!

My coworkers have joined the bandwagon and are trying to make my henna tattoo permanent too. Why people have a need to ink me, I'll never know! My mom thinks it's too big, but agrees that with my coloring it looks good. They seem to forget that I'm afraid of needles, and am in the process of losing weight, so it's not going to look the same when I'm old and grey.

I'm glad that this is only a 4-day work week. It seems like I've been here all week already, and it's only Tuesday. We've been interviewing like crazy at work for 3 open positions, and they last about 2 hours each. Plus I've been dealing with my problem child client. I finally had to lay down the law with them yesterday afternoon, and tell them that I can't help them unless they get their Medical Director on board and he sets expectations. I told them that I can do all the training/coaching in the world with the MAs, but unless the physicians are held accountable for their behavior, it won't work. I also told them they need the courage to stand up to him, and tell him it's a major problem, and they aren't going to stand for it anymore. If he has any reason within his brain, then he'll see that this is a major issue. My fingers are crossed for that discussion to happen on Thursday.

Bowling tonight - hopefully I'll join the Turkey club!

No comments: