Friday, July 4, 2008

I was on tv!

Water, water everywhere - and no, I don't mean the bathing suit store in Towson Town Center.

My day started with rain, and ended with rain, and rain a lot in between. My mom woke me up at 6:45am this morning to begin our annual 4th of July tradition of going to the Dundalk Parade. I informed her it was raining, but where they were showing the news in Dundalk, it wasn't. So, after hurrying to get ready, we were out the door by 7:30am, with chairs and umbrellas in hand, to see the parade start at 8:15am. It did rain slightly while we were sitting there, but as Sen. Barbara Mikulski was shouting - "The sun is shining in Dundalk!"

I got home, answered some emails, and then took a quick nap before picking up Ryan and Heather for the O's baseball game. The sun was shining, so we were hopeful that the rain would hold off. My mom got me the Publisher's tickets to the game, which are literally the first row behind the dugout of the opposing team. Anytime anyone was up to bat, the camera pointed straight at us. If anyone caught the O's game today on TV, I was the woman in the blue t-shirt and a tan fishing hat sitting between the woman in the white shirt (my coworker Lori) and the guy in the orange shirt (Ryan) with Heather sitting next to him. Lori was constantly getting text messages from her friends seeing us on TV - one even commented on my kick-ass hat! My family saw us too, they were calling everyone they knew to check it out on tv... pretty cool! It did start raining, but we trooped it out, and sat there the entire time.

After the game, we headed over to see the fireworks at the Inner Harbor. There were mobs and mobs of people everywhere! We all had to go to the bathroom, and the line to get into the ladies room wrapped down and around the hallway... but at least it was moving fast. While waiting in line, it started pouring again, but soon passed. After standing in a great fireworks watching spot, it was right before 9:30pm, the tarp was off the barge to start the fireworks, when the sky opened up and began pouring. We could see Dundalk's fireworks across the harbor, which started at 9pm, but with the late start, we weren't so lucky. We gave up, as they were covering the fireworks on the barge back up - but I did get some good pictures of the harbor before that time.

It stopped raining by the time we got back to the car, but we were too tired to walk back. As we were driving home on 95, we could see the fireworks from the Harbor going off - so at least we saw something!

Hopefully tomorrow night it won't rain, as another location is shooting them over the water... my fingers are crossed!

Ryan insists stuff like this happens so I'll have something to blog about... I think he's right! :)

4thofJuly2008

No comments: