Monday, July 7, 2008

Hello Monday, Goodbye long weekend...

Hello Monday, Goodbye long weekend.

I had strict ideas of what I wanted to accomplish today, but my motivation hasn't kicked in yet. But it's only around 9:30am, so I should be feeling like it soon.

I was able to fix my hair this morning, that's always a concern after changing a hairstyle. However, I think my version is a little too full - but it'll settle down as the day goes on. Plus, the Baltimore humidity isn't helping things... but I feel pretty. Hopefully the inches I got chopped off will lower my weight for the weigh-in tomorrow! hehe

The current housing market is depressing me. I've come to the realization that I will not be able to afford my dream house alone. Not that I have a particular house in mind, but using the formula of 3x salary - I'd need to be making $100,000 a year to be approved for a $300,000 house. I want a large house, or at least an open floor-plan because I like to entertain. Fun for me is throwing a party for friends and family, cooking all sorts of food, and just enjoying their company. I want to decorate it for the holidays, and just create a home where everyone feels welcome. A place to build memories in and enjoy time with others. The condo I found in White Marsh has a loft, and lots of open space for entertaining, but condos are always hard to re-sell. I'm not ready to buy anything yet, I need to get through grad school and pay some more things off, but I just hope that things are affordable once I'm ready to enter the market. Maybe by then I'll meet a career minded man, who is making decent money, and we can pay for the house together. :) Notice I said "together" and not "buy it for me". What a revolutionary thought!

No comments: