Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mixing it up!

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday, it was a beautiful sun-shiny day, and I didn't have a care in the world. Actually, I like to think that's God smiling on me, because it rarely rains on my birthday.

At confirmation practice last night, the director organized the kids and gave me flowers and a card. Which was really sweet! Maybe they aren't hoodlums after all... or maybe they are just hoodlums with good hearts buried below their emo clothes. Who knows with them?!?!?

However, I have to report, that I did not get my pink Kitchenaid mixer. That was supposed to be my gift from my ex... and yes, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I do know that I can make a hell of a lot of cupcakes! Apparently that is my new trademark with my coworkers - my fancy cupcakes. I've created my own recipe of a hand-made whip cream filled vanilla cupcake with hand-dipped chocolate topping. I've also made a "from scratch" carrot cake for a bridal shower, which was AMAZING!

I don't know where my fascination with cupcakes started - and I'm not a glutton when eating them, I get more pleasure out of making them. Actually, I'm not a big "sweets" person. I do like it, but I don't crave it, and hardly ever have dessert unless it's a special occasion. But, I think it's my fascination with miniatures that really got me jazzed about them. I like exact replicas of things in miniature. So if anyone ever wants to get me a neat gift, find a replica of something that's really really tiny, and I'll love it. But not cars though, I don't like replicas of cars, just other things. The opening of the present usually comes with me squealing, "awwww look at the little ................. isn't it cute!" I usually end up displaying it somewhere in my cube. Hey, that's something to get someone who usually buys everything they need themselves.

But.. I did get an awesome new suitcase from Mom, which is in miniature I might add, for my traveling on the weekends. It has lots of pockets and compartments, and rolls on wheels. That's another thing with me, if I have a pocket on a transportation device, I have a need to store something in it. And then randomly show people, "Look! I put this in the pocket!" Fortunately people are normally amused by my excitement.

My other thing... Pigs! I collect piggy banks, but only the miniature ones. We had an interview today with an admin, and I had to watch her, because she was eyeing the pigs on my desk. MINE! But the pigs have to be from somewhere - kinda like the ones you get in the airport with the name of the city on the side... I keep asking my friends to send them to me when they travel... but they haven't.

One would think I had sugar this morning... I didn't. Hmmm... interesting...

1 comment:

tralatrala said...

I have a piggy bank from Paris, Las Vegas I can give you. I bought it as a thank you for someone but never gave it to them, and it's just been sitting in my living room in a bag. It's not tiny though...but it's pretty!