Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Subconscious Didn't Get the Memo!

So, I had my first dream about my ex last night... and apparently my subconscious didn't get the memo about the breakup.

It was a really odd dream too...

Mom and I were driving somewhere, but we had to cross a bridge to get to the other side of the Island. It was night-time, but not stormy, but part of the bridge road was flooded. We stopped, where the flooded part began, and watched as other cars crossed.. so we were under the impression that the water wasn't very deep.

As we started along, it was deeper, and we had to abandon the car into the river... which for some reason was okay, as we were going to go buy mom a car over the weekend. We just floated along, and found some rocks to climb back on... the only thing was that because it was so dark, it was hard to see where we were swimming.

We made it to land somehow, and were trying to get back to our house. To which, we stumbled into a seafood restaurant which was on a pier.... my ex was holding a table for us, and waved us over - where the bartender was serving hard fry crabs. He was actually dipping them into the batter and frying them at the bar.

Suddenly I had a plate in front of me, which was filled, so I didn't want a hard fry, just some hush puppies. We soon left the restaurant and returned to our vacation rental. I went into the bathroom to get ready for bed, and mom disappeared in her room. I remember hiding in the bathroom trying to figure out when my ex would fall asleep, because I knew that if I went out there, he was going to break-up with me.

So, I waited, and waited... and finally I heard him snoring (which was odd, because he doesn't snore) and I snuck into my bed to sleep...

Soon after, my alarm woke me up.. so I don't know what happened next!

***********************************

Which finds me here... in the Presentation Room where I just dismissed my 2nd class on Presentation Skills. I'm trying to waste time, as it isn't supposed to be over until 2:30pm, but we finished after lunch.

I thought no one was going to show up after the 1st class, considering that it started at 8:30am, and no one was here! I frantically called our Training Coordinator, just to make sure nothing happened, but people didn't start rolling in until around 9am.

I'm still missing 2, which I think aren't going to show up. See, I discovered on the first day, that they were sent to the class because they have a "Baltimore" accent, which their manager thinks is hindering their professionalism in speaking to patients. Unfortunately, this is not a dialect or speech class, so I can't help them.

Oh well... off to enjoy my sunny afternoon!

No comments: