Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Path (Part 2)... to the Bullroast (Part 1)

I can honestly say that the annual April bullroast for Lett's Pleasure Club at Columbus Gardens is never a dull moment. They normally sell out - with about 500 people. And, it's the largest hodge-podge grouping of people that I ever did see. There's so much material to watch and giggle over, that I look like I'm at a tennis match watching it all unfold.

Some "highlights" from the evening: 1. apparently, to look sexy, you have to wear a very low-cut shirt with your boobs hanging out and a buckle of some sort on the shirt between the boobs - and have absolutely no rhythm, but pretend you do. There was a whole table of them! 2. Lesbians travel in groups - and there was about 4 tables full of them. They also like my cousin-in-law Wayne, although there wasn't much dancing with them this evening. 3. When you get over the age of 65, dancing only happens when you bump your belly into someone else, and run away... oh, and you have to wear 3 inch heels while doing it. 4. If you are over 300lbs, and wear a wife-beater, you'll win $125 three times. 5. The older you get, the bigger your hair, and you have to curl it, and poof it. 6. I still don't like lemon drop shots, but did one with my cousin Stacy. 7. I really do love my Malibu and coke... luckily I was eating seafood, because I could have easily downed a pitcher of my favorite of Malibu and OJ. 8. It is now socially acceptable for men to dance together, but only while trying to strangle each other. 9. Men, closer to 40, still send their friend over to tell you he thinks you are cute, but is too shy to tell. I thought that ended much earlier than that?... and 10. Old people practically "doing it" on the dance floor is still too much education for me!

******************************************

Tonight I'm going out to dinner and drinks with some friends to celebrate My Birthday - Yay! I'm very excited and can't wait! This time I'm bringing my camera to capture all of these crazy moments!

******************************************

Sunday, I have another bullroast at my Church, so we'll see if the crowd is as interesting as the one last night!

******************************************

This morning I got up and did some work on The Path, and I pretty much have a workable Mission Statement. After deciding on your element, then there are a few other introspective questions, which I pretty much answered in the Legacy document I completed. I'm still waiting to hear from my favorite David on his thoughts on my element. I'm sure it'll be good! (BTW - Congrats David on getting the part in the show!)

Next, in the book, there are about 5 pages of verbs. You are to select 3 from each page, and then narrow that list down to 3 verbs. The verbs are words that inspire and "call" to you, and ones you feel that move you. Then select something in the world that you would die for - a cause that you are willing to defend to the end. Some suggestions from the book are "joy", "service," "education," "respect," "love". But come up with your own, if you can. Lastly, decided who your mission statement is for. What group of individuals are you making your mission, or what organization are you making your mission? You have to be specific, which I didn't like, because I feel this way toward all people. But, I picked one.

So.... My mission in life is to promote, nurture, and inspire creativity in leadership. Not too shabby for a first try. But now that I have something to work with, I can tweak until its finally "right".

No comments: