Friday, August 28, 2009

Fun is the cure

I love Avocados. They really don't have a flavor, but the texture is what attracts me. There is something so stimulating about them when I eat them. Its almost a lush feeling that I get.

I've been reading more from Pema, one of the first Buddhist western nuns, in her book "Start Where you Are." The book is about having a compassionate heart, and finding the way out of the wounds inside to let the soft spot of the heart live. She teaches a practice where you breath in the emotion, the darkness that you are feeling, and breath out light and space. Its great for calming any of the three poisons that creep in: aggression, passion, or ignorance. All can be a good thing, but when they are negative, and turn into fixation, is when the poison happens. Then while breathing, you are to "drop the story line" and just recognize that the emotions you are feeling other humans have felt, and feel the compassion for them. It is also about having compassion for yourself, and being gentle - not judgemental.

I'm going to have a great weekend! FUN is the cure for everything!

No comments: