Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yawn

I'm sleepy today for some reason, not really sure why. Possibly its because I got to sleep a little later than normal, or it may be that I really have nothing to do at work today. I worked on one of my papers due for class, my Strategic Quest paper. I have to write my life mission and how school is supporting me in that. Fortunately I did most of this ground work last summer when I was being coached, so I wrote out 2 pages of it already. Now I just need to expand on it to 5 pages.

I went to the library at lunch and got a few more books on Buddhism and Hinduism. I think I'm becoming a Catholic-Buddhist-Hindu. That is hard for most people to believe, but I think the three compliment each other perfectly. As a Catholic I don't formally believe in all teachings of the church (mainly the ones that discriminate or don't empower women), but I do believe in the followings of Jesus. He really taught us how to live and love, and I want to follow that same path. I'm learning in the Hindu religion that everyone has an inner Source from God, and through meditation and yoga we can find God within us. The Buddhists are teaching me about meditation and how to quiet my mind and work with my emotions to control them, so they don't control me. I'm learning how to be balanced, which feels heavenly. Like I may have mentioned before, when you can shut your mind off and just feel, that good light feeling you witness is your own soul.

I'm trying to get a bunch of people together to go hear an 80s band on Saturday. So far I have 2 people going with me, but the others have yet to respond. Two of them have children, so I know it is hard for them to get out, but hopefully they will be able to go. My need for fun is causing me to focus on the fun things more than the school things. But I will get my papers completed, I just have to will myself to do it.

No comments: