Monday, August 24, 2009

Indulgent Weekend

Continuing on my theme of feeling sensations and getting back into touch with my body through meditation, I had a really indulgent weekend.

Friday night I drove to Bethesda for the 5 Rhythms meditation to meet my friend Stephanie and her husband Jason. The group was meeting at Carderock Springs Tennis and Swim club, which is in the middle of this beautiful wooded neighborhood. We really didn't know what to expect, as we were just minimally exposed to 5 Rhythms in Bethel, but we knew it involved free form movement to music. I LOVED IT! There was a hodge-podge of people there, some of which never left the 60s, but most were youngish females with a few males attending too. I danced for 2 1/2 hours straight to great music. There is an instructor there who changes the music and calls out suggestions after warming us up, but for the most part you let the music move your body however it wants. A lot of emotion can come out, as your body learns to move as it wants, and not have the brain interfere with wondering what people are saying about you. At the end we did a silent meditation and relaxation, before having yummy melon from the Eastern Shore. It was a long drive home in the rain, but I slept really really well that night. My legs and feet were tired from dancing on a hard wood floor, but I know I burnt a lot of energy off. At one point I started shaking myself out to the music and felt a lot of the anger leave as I let it go. I felt great!

Saturday I got up and went to get a Raindrop Therapy Massage. This is my favorite massage ever, as it involves 7 different oils being dropped down the spine, a back massage, and a foot massage. I was in Heaven! My jaw was so slack after it, that I had to make sure I wasn't drooling down my chin. I left there, had a yummy salad and then went to have a pedicure. I did the special hydrating mask version which included an extended foot and leg massage - HEAVEN again! That night Mom and I tried a new restaurant to us, Liquid Earth. Mom didn't like it. I went because they have a lot of vegan and raw meals, but I thought it was going to be like RAW in New York, and it wasn't. I guess I have to just go to NY and try it! hehe :) I should have worked on my paper, but I just played on the computer instead that evening.

Sunday I went to Mass, then breakfast with Mom. I took a nice long nap on the couch before running to Home Depot. My friend Stacey bailed on me, as she wasn't feeling well, and she was supposed to go out with me and Sam and his friends. I had a great time last night, although slightly embarrassing at one point. I was having a flirtation with a guy in Boston that I met online, and there is no interest from my side beyond the flirtation. One evening we were sending naughty texts, which lead to a few snaps from both of our camera phones. I had forgotten about the picture (just of my breast) and when Sam picked up my phone, guess what he found? Well, there goes the innocent vibe I was trying to maintain! LOL I deleted the picture quickly, but it caught me off guard. I can add that to one of my flooziest moments and share it with the girls! Although that's not as bad as my Vegas story...

No comments: