Wednesday, August 19, 2009

good results

I had my last therapy session last night for awhile. My therapist joined the army. Well, not really, more as a civilian where she will be giving mental health guidance to children who's parents are going into war. Its just a 4 week assignment in New Jersey, but my next appointment isn't until the end of September. She said that I have had excellent results and can see an improvement in me beyond imagination. She said I was inspirational, as I've seem to have gotten rid of the stress and am building a life for myself again. She also advised me to stop testing myself... I try to make myself have anxiety to see if it is still there - but she said it doesn't work like that. Anyone at any time can make themselves freak out. Good to know!

During the thunder storm last night I did yoga. I found a Bolly-wood workout on the Exercise Channel and did that first before turning on my favorite Yoga on the Edge workout. I felt so calm and stretched out after it.

I'm getting excited for this upcoming weekend. On Friday I'm going to a workshop in DC on the 5Rhythms. I first was exposed to it in Bethel when I was there for class, and one of my professors was trained in it. Its about the 5 Rhythms our bodies go through in a natural flow of life, and its a guided meditation. But it is all done through dance. Its free form movement, letting your body flow to the rhythms it feels and then some silent meditation at the end. I'm going with some classmates, and if it is anything like we did in Bethel, its going to be amazing!

Saturday I made an appointment to get a massage. I am finally going to use my gift certificate and have "Rain Drop Therapy" done. I can't wait! I'm going to be a puddle of drool once again. Sunday, my friend Sam is coming back into town. I'm looking forward to seeing him and meeting his friend who just moved here too. It should be a blast to catch up!

No comments: