Monday, August 10, 2009

Nature lover?

So, I've decided that I enjoy nature, as long as it doesn't touch me. Which means I'm going to invent some sort of plastic bubble suit with an AC unit to enjoy nature. I think I would like it that much better that way.

I had fun with nature this weekend, and I had to contain my anxiety when nature started crawling on me in a canoe. I did well, and I'm a good paddler, and I didn't tip us over.

Saturday I met up with Ryan, Heather, and Josh and we went to find Ryan's swimming hole. It is a beautiful area, with Heather and I enjoying a nice rocky beach, avoiding the bees, and swatting at the gnats... but I had fun. There was an interesting mix of people there, not sure where they all came from, but I'm sure we fit right in. Now that I know what it is like, I probably won't be so scared next time and I will actually get in the water. We headed up the Gunpowder to Ryan's step-dad's property and I had my first canoe experience. I'm sure a video camera should have been rolling watching me get into the canoe. I asked Ryan to get in first to help me, then I white knuckled it, paralyzed for the first 10 mins until Dan (Ry's step-dad) reminded me that this was supposed to be relaxing. After Josh got the hang of giving me detailed directions of where to paddle (I wasn't about to turn around and look, and "paddle on this side" wasn't really helping me), I relaxed and began to enjoy myself. It was fun! There just has to be a better way to get in and out without having going through all the mud. Oh... and there was a spider crawling on my foot, which totally freaked me out in the canoe, but I handled myself well.

Sunday I met up with Stacey for lunch, and we spent most of the afternoon catching up. I miss hanging out with her and Kevin. We headed into downtown Westminster to catch one of her friend's band play, which was a lot of fun. I got a little tipsy with Kevin and Andrew, and I had a good time trying to hook Andrew up with all of the biker chicks. Yes, Stacey took me to a biker bar. I fit in so well! But it was a good time, although I am a little sunburned and I have mosquito bites on my upper thighs from wearing a skirt. It was so damn hot, too.

I started my diet this morning, had a bowl of mixed fruit, and will be munching on some more fruit shortly. I'm to eat fruit all morning, then switch to veggies for lunch and afterwards; with some lean protein with dinner. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: