Monday, June 9, 2008

adventures in amyland

Is it hot enough for you? Why do people say that once the weather turns hot? As if someone is going to say, "No, I'd like it to be hotter!"

Anyway, apparently I've just instigated a riot on a networking/dating site I belong to. I innocently suggested via a journal entry that I was challenging my stalkers (what the site calls people who check out your profile) to actually contact me, instead of just reviewing my profile. Some people took offense to that in some sort of way, which I really don't get. Then they felt the need to explain that if people don't contact me, that means they aren't interested. And if I was really asking people to contact me to tell me that they didn't like me.

Yet, the funny part, is that they really didn't ask me for clarification. As, the stalkers I was referring to were the guys who check out my profile daily (I have a few of those) but never try to connect with me. And, the ones who were responding to my journal entry, aren't the ones that I was referring to. I guess I'll have to clear that up when I get home tonight.

Another thing that I did this weekend was bite the bullet, and yes, I mean that almost literally, as I promised myself I would never buy CROCS. WELL - if there is any justification in my purchase, it was not the clog style, it was the flip-flop style. I saw them in Macy's, very cute brown and blue ones, and I had the impulse to add them to my collection. They are so comfortable. And, the funny piece to that, is that people are actually arguing on my journal entry (going back to the before mentioned dating/networking site) about my purchase.

I never knew I was so interesting. LOL

I've also been bad... not only did I go to Cracker Barrel for dinner last night and carb load, but I've been making outrageous comments to my friend Ryan - as I'm waiting for him to faint and get grossed out like he normally does. heheheehhe

Maybe it's the heat!

No comments: