Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chocolate Zin

No, it's not the "happy" place women go to who are PMSing, it's a new yummy wine that I discovered today at the Great Grape Wine Festival in Oregon Ridge.

It literally tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry, and I think I died and went to heaven. I can have my dessert and get tipsy too! Yay! hehe

The other wine highlight of the day was one called Stomp. Apparently there is a huge Stomp festival the 3rd weekend in October at Sugarloaf winery where people compete to be the best "stomper". They then bottle the product - and it's a fruity, almost sangria type red, that's absolutely fun to drink. We are definitely planning a trip there the 3rd weekend of October. I'm thinking I can sweet-talk Ryan into getting into a barrel to try this. There were lots of comments about toe-cheese in the after taste, with a hint of athletes feet, but I couldn't resist purchasing a bottle.

I have to tell you ladies of the world, a charming smile will really get you places. Well, at least with me, it gets me places with old men. I don't know if it was the white of my teeth, or he hasn't seen someone so freckled, but he didn't "notice" that he was over-pouring my 1oz pour.. I ended up with a full glass of Sangria from Boordy, and a wink and an "opps" from the pour-er. I seem to "have it" with the geriatric crowd.

After that we headed to the Melting Pot which was my first adventure there. I'm going to be a regular customer, as I enjoy those types of novelties. I haven't tried my own fondue pot that I got for Christmas, nor the cookbook it came with, but I'm a convert!

Here are some pix from the event:

GreatGrape2008

No comments: