Monday, June 23, 2008

mean it, just mean it! (sung to Beat It!)

"Though the mountains may fall, and the hills turn to dust, yet the love of the Lord will stand as a shelter for all who will call on His name. Sing the praise and the glory of God."

That's such a catchy song; I normally belt it out when I sing along at mass. Let me be honest, I normally belt out all the songs I sing! The contemporary group at the 9am service is the best offering at my church, and we are so lucky to have them there.

I nearly rolled on the floor in hysterics during the announcements on Sunday. Fadda was mentioning our new store is open before and after mass for 30mins and today's special item was the John the Baptist Shower Curtain. He paused for the laughter, then said, "just checking to see if you are paying attention!" I love that man, I laugh and laugh all through mass. It really puts a joy in your heart when you leave.

The message of the homily this week was about taking ownership of what you say and do. Because once it's "out there" you really can't take it back. You can apologize for it, but it never goes "unsaid". The moral of the story: unless you really want to burn your bridges with someone, then act with their interests in your heart, not only yours. That's probably what is at the heart of me biting my tongue, I don't want to burn bridges. But frankly, sometimes things just need to be said, especially when someone is taking advantage of my generosity. That bitch in me is acting up, as she got a pack of matches when she was at the local strip club the other night. ;)

This week is a short week, as I'm off Friday to go to the beach! Downy' O'cean, hun! (that's my best Baltimore accent) We have a huge weekend planned, with an ocean front hotel room, and lots of adventures to be had. I know we are renting bikes, jet-skiing, blending drinks on our patio, visiting the ponies, eating crabs, and of course - Thrashers french fries and Dumsers' ice cream - no trip to the beach would be complete without them! We also have a date with Playland... maybe I can talk them into going head-to-head in "Dance Dance Revolution"!

Don't worry, faithful readers, I have 3 bottles of SPF 70 and 3 beach umbrellas. The fair Amy's skin will be protected!

No comments: