Wednesday, June 25, 2008

there was a bug...

Bowling started on a high note, as I saw that my name was listed in some category for a high score. We swept the opposing team on the first game, with a 130 showing from me. The second game wasn't too bad, with a 119... and then there was a bug.

He was one of the creepy crawly, many legged varities, moving so fast across the lane that I first thought he was a piece of fuzz. I'm not that lucky. The guy on the opposing team kicked him off the alley, to which he then crawled up into the ball return, and any concentration from me was shattered.

I don't like nature. I can appreicate it's beauty, I just don't want it touching me, or anything I own. Bugs are usually attracted to me for some reason, first mosquitoes, and then anything else normally runs in my direction when it's discovered. You would think all of the screaming would make it run in the opposite direction, but no.

Ryan kept telling me to get the bug out of my head, because it's going to ruin my game... and it took me many frames to recover. I just didn't like the idea that we didn't know where it was, and it could be on my ball when I went to pick it up. Which would then be the only thing I could think about during the approach. GROSS!

I also got some pretty sad news that my coworker Jordan will not be returning. She is currently on maternity leave, and now seems to be the right time to move back to Savannah to be with her family, and her husband was offered a job there as well. I'm going to miss her so much, as we've spent a little over 4 years together. But I know she'll be happier there, so that is what really matters. I am going to miss her!

Two more sleeps until the beach... I just have to get through tomorrow first. I'm facilitating a focus group with some very unhappy Medical Assistants... which isn't the bad part. The bad part is providing the feedback to resistant physicians who have the maturity of a 12 year old and throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way. This group has proven to not deal well with change, nor choose their attitude. I'm sure there will be lots of crying and whining tomorrow - I'm going to need lots of drinks with umbrellas this weekend.

No comments: