Wednesday, June 18, 2008

bowling and other news

Last night was week 6 of bowling, and we successfully shook off the loss from last week to sweep the other team. I actually bowled a 145, 101, and 123!!! WOOO HOOO! My average is going up, but fortunately it didn't fall below 100 from last week's game. Yay! I found a new starting pose, and that seems to be helping, now I just need to work on consistently performing.

My mom finally decided where she would like to go on vacation, which was her birthday present from me for her 60th. We are going to take a cruise to Bermuda in August! I can't wait to lay on the beach and see the sights. I've been reviewing the cruise critic.com website, which has a lot of helpful information. I'll have to pack my Bermuda shorts, as this is a proper British island and they apparently frown on short-shorts.

I've decided to try to quit my bad habit of accessing my personal networking sites from my blackberry at work. Most of them have mobile alternative addresses, and like a slave to technology I'm constantly sending messages or checking the status of my friends. I usually have a more enjoyable day when I can divert my attention on multiple things - work and fun - but that's a bad habit to have. I will keep my blog, as my only vice, and my twitter updates, but won't be checking those other sites during the day. I can do it!

I joined another dating site last night, but I'm not sure how this is going to work. It's called BBWPersonalsPlus, which is a site for Big Beautiful Women and the men who love them. It was interesting going to that site, as I have a weird self-image thing. Not that I have any hang-ups, but I'm so not focused on the outside of me, that I forget sometimes that I'm over-weight. Don't get me wrong, I'm focused on my appearance and am always dressed in a flattering manner for my body-shape, and always very clean, neat, and professional looking. I know, it's weird, but I don't normally think of myself as big, I'm just me. I've never been on a site where someone wants to be with someone else for a particular physical feature. But, I'm being open to new things on my quest to live in the moment, so we'll see what comes of this.

No comments: