Wednesday, June 11, 2008

dissmal results in bowling (week 5)

My first game suffered. I looked at my normal marks, was doing the same approach and release, and the ball kept heading to the one side and not hitting any pins. Heather suggested moving up a ball weight 1/2 way through, which I did, and my game improved... slightly. But we went on to lose... to the VACANT team.

I don't think it's fair that we played the vacancy (since we have an odd number of teams, they created a fake team so that each team would have another team to play against) and they each got 140s each game. They scored the spare every time on the automated scoring, which isn't realistic. These invisible people must be pretty good, considering that most averages on the league are not 140.

The team rallied a comeback for the second game - using our secret BONSAI powers - only to fall back in the last. I think maybe we psyched ourselves out and the fact that we had to bowl back to back, one lane then the other, tired us out.

I wanted to invoke the "do-over" rule that we use when playing mini-golf, but unfortunately that is against league policy. The "do-over" rule is that you get one "do-over" in the entire game, that doesn't count against you.

I am happy to say that I landed two difficult spare pick-ups during the great second game, which were both pin splits. As I shared, I have skills, they just aren't consistent.

Oh well - next Tuesday is a brand new bowling day!

No comments: