Tuesday, June 17, 2008

dating profiles - part 3

So, after about 16 hours of having my contest going, I've learned a few things and had some interesting conversation:

1. A man from the Philippines contacted me through the IM service on okcupid, and after asking how I was he determined that he liked me. He wouldn't believe that I didn't have a webcam, yahoo IM, or a telephone, as he's coming to Miami on June 25th and needs a way to reach me. He wanted to give me his address so we could write letters (I'm trying so hard to write this with a straight face, and it's not working!) and for some reason the blocking feature on the site wasn't working. So I got 10 mins of "Hello... why you closed?... hello" until I finally left the site after answering emails. (My blinking sign stating "all freaks come here" is back!)

2. One man actually answered it by leaving a comment response, a brave soul, but unfortunately he's in Canada and is seeing someone. But he likes to respond to things when he can leave great remarks. He's pretty funny, so I've made a new friend.

3. One guy actually added me to his yahoo IM, started chatting away, and answered the questions pretty well... until he got to the last question. To which he informed me that he's not attracted to plus-sized women at all, and doesn't think they are sexy. But he hopes I understand because I'm super fun to talk to, really interesting, and have great things to share. I told him that I wouldn't hold his height problem against him, if he doesn't hold my extra lbs against me. (ouch!) hehe

4. My friend Ryan actually responded, but he just wants me to buy/bring snacks. I might pick him just to see what he would do. We'd have to spend the evening in the hospital because he might hit his head when he faints. Apparently because of the cupcakes I made him and the snacks I brought on the boating trip - I got voted as the official snack bringer to all things.

5. I've gotten two more responses - guys sending me high-ranking "stars" on okcupid in the personality category, but they haven't answered my questions yet. This is an interesting science experiment in human nature!

As for the weigh-in today, I gained a 1/2 lb. BOOOOOOO! It had to be the Tam's Noodles I had at PF Chang's. DAMN THE NOODLES! hehe But hopefully this means bowling will be much better - it's a new week!

No comments: