Monday, June 16, 2008

dating profiles

Wow! It's 9:30am on Monday, and it's already been a crazy day. Apparently the boss is on the war-path about the catalog because she can't get the concept that it hasn't been sent to marketing yet, therefore that is why it's still a plain text document. She's convinced that we have to do all of the layout, when marketing has told my co-worker multiple times that they have the template and do all of that work for us. CRAZY!

I've been thinking of ways to update my profile on match.com and okcupid.com. I think I'm scaring men away, as I'm a little too together for their liking. I've been reviewing a few of the high-traffic one's for women, and they all say the same thing, "I don't know what I want in life, I just want to have fun!" And I think all of them like to eat out, go dancing, and have adventures - yes, they all use those words. It's like reading the same profile over and over again. That would annoy me if I were a man, but I guess that's why I'm not a man.

I keep forgetting that men are easy, just give them beer and boobs, and they are happy to take and or follow a woman anywhere. I guess it's my fault that I want someone who challenges me. Then I laugh, because most of the match questions that are important to them on okcupid ask about "how important is it to be intelligently stimulated in your relationship"... my boobs have never intelligently stimulated anyone. The greatest sex organ in the world is the brain... and I want a man who knows how to work with mine.

I like to be creative, but I know that would tank too. I was thinking of writing a profile that would be an add for a "Win a date with Amy!" contest. To enter the contest they would have to write a paragraph on why their first date with me would be so memorable. But then the emo women on the okcupid site would rip me a new one, much like they did when I blogged on there about men constantly looking at my profile (daily, as it keeps record of who looks) and never contacting me.

Oh well.... I'm open to suggestions if anyone would like to take a stab at writing one for me. My friend Michelle's husband Tony mentioned a few years back that I should put in my profile that I'm flexible and can touch my feet to my head - which is true. He said I'd get a lot of responses that way... LOL

No comments: