Sunday, June 29, 2008

Huh? I SAID...

Coming home has never been felt with so many mixed emotions after a vacation. It's great to be home after a day of traveling, but it always seems that vacation was cut too short. I think someone did a study once that concluded it took about 3 days to unwind before relaxation truly sets in, thus, take longer vacations to be able to enjoy them. I have to agree that a weekend away was not nearly enough!

We arrived on Friday afternoon to find a typical hotel room on the boardwalk, with an amazing view of the beach. I could have sat on the balcony forever! We headed up the boardwalk toward the Inlet, showing Josh the sights, as he's a native Floridian and has never been to OC,MD. We jointly decided to have a relaxing evening, so after grabbing dinner at Brassballs Saloon, and having a bird ("my favorite animal in the world!" she says, sarcastically) use my menu as a bathroom, we headed back to our balcony.

I started pre-gamming at the Brassballs, so I was highly talkative by the time we got back to the hotel. Ry broke out the Rum Runners; and after those, a little Chocolate Zin, cigars, and Hypnotic for Heather, we put our bathing suits on for the pool and beach. The indoor pool was a hit, with an extremely hot jacuzzi, but tossing around a football late at night on the beach was a lot of fun.

We're old, so even though we went to bed around 2am, we were up at 6am the next morning to ride bikes. I think we could have slept longer, but after Josh walked in on me in the bathroom, and I squealed, Ry was ready for coffee. We spent a great morning riding bikes around OC, shopping, and having a horrible breakfast. But, dinner made up for it at Phillip's - highly recommend it!

No visit to OC isn't complete without fun at Playland, which was a blast! It's great to revisit your childhood with something that hasn't changed much since then. We stopped long enough to get henna tattoos, which Ryan is still trying to talk me into making real. I don't know where his need for inking my body is coming from, but the answer is still "no"!

We all crashed, soon after Ry gave me a heart attack. I slept on the sleeper sofa, and when I came out of the bathroom, it was open and made for me, with someone sleeping in it. Quickly eyeing the room, I noticed that Heather and Josh were accounted for, so my conclusion was that Ryan was in my bed. I smiled at both of them, and then attempted to sneak up on the bed, with the intention of launching myself onto it to tackle him, when suddenly he came out from behind the balcony curtains screaming and scared the living shit out of me!

Needless to say... point for Ryan.

We got up early this morning, had an amazing breakfast at Layton's and then headed to Assateague Island in search for the wild ponies. We only found 2, but we did see some in the distance. The beach there is beautiful, and we all agreed that next time we were in OC, we'd go to this beach instead. It's like you are on your own private stretch of beach once you get past the crowd.

I wish every weekend could be a vacation!

Here are some pix:

June OC Trip 2008

No comments: