Sunday, October 12, 2008

1 Class down!

Wow! "Who would've thunk it?" So after a possibility that never seemed would get here, my first class in MSOD is finished! WOOO HOO I have a final paper due in 2 weeks, but the topic is much more focused, so I don't anticipate as much stress/time as the last one.

I'm leaving the second week, before it's due, to go to my Human Interaction (HI) lab at the National Labor College, so I need to finish the paper this week. My classmate, April, is going to the HI lab with me, so we are going to be paper-buddies. This time we have to share our paper with someone, and show that we incorporated their feedback into the paper, and attach their feedback in the appendix. I actually have to do this with 2 people, so I'll be asking one of my coworkers. Luckily, 2 of them were high school teachers, one in English - a bit of an advantage, if I say so.

I went to dinner with my friend Brian on Friday, after class. Well, I should say, after Svenja and I finally found the hotel once we missed the turn. It was like old times! We both started the conversation with, "Ok, so we left prom... and then what happened to you?" Bri and I haven't seen each other in almost 11 years, as he went to my prom with a friend of mine. We've both matured, but he's still a hysterically funny sweetheart. We're going to make dinners a monthly event, which I'm looking forward to. It felt good to have that connection again.

Saturday night I went out with some of the women from class, and after fighting our way through Georgetown, we finally decided to leave the immediate area and go to Cafe Divan up Wisconsin. They had some of my favorite Mediterranean dishes - including hummus, olives, and pita. I think I could live off of hummus, pita, cheese, olives, and olive oil, with some great wine, for the rest of my life, if I had to. I like variety, so hopefully it won't happen that way, but I would if I could.

Both nights, after getting comfy in my hotel room, I fell into wonderful conversation with a new friend. I don't know what it is, but I feel such a great connection, and we have so much to say, that our phone calls/chats go into the early hours of the morning. We also share a lot of the same beliefs on various topics, especially around relationships and human interaction, and spirituality, that it's very refreshing to be around. I'm enjoying myself immensely! :)

No comments: