Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Online dating observations

Okay, I learned all about the Ladder of Inference this weekend, and making assumptions about people. So I'm trying to apply what I learn to my every day life and not be judgemental. That's the wrong word. I'm trying to not jump to assumptions on the data that I witness.

But right now, I'm pissed.

So, there I was, with a song stuck in my head, and I decided to blog it on the dating website I belong to. The song, just so happened to be "Sexy Back" - ie "I'm bringing sexy back". Well, some ass felt the need to inform me, within about 2 mins of posting, that based on my weight, he advises me not to bring sexy back. Then some nitwit woman, thought that was incredibly funny - and they proceeded to have an argument on my blog. He told her that she needed to get a comb for her hair, and then it suddenly wasn't funny anymore to her. I deleted the post, as frankly, drama is not for me.

Because I'm a lady, I'm not going to rip that arsehole a new one, because believe me, I can. He has not put a chink in my armor, because I don't define myself by some man's point of view, or any other person really. Actually, I find the whole thing kinda funny. But what I'm pissed about is two things:

1. People who are so stupid to believe that fat people don't know they are fat - so therefore it is their right to point it out. Hello, I have a mirror. And they do so in the 6 year old Beavis and Butthead way.

2. We are on a dating website, where one would think everyone is there to meet people and have fun, and you have a bunch of fools lurking, trying to boost their own self-confidence by "attempting" to make someone else feel bad.

GROW UP PEOPLE!

So apparently, I attract two types of men online - based on my experience: A. Those that just want to f*ck me, and B. Those that feel so bad about themselves, that they have to attempt to put me down to feel like a man.

And you know what - "B" is doing that publicly in front of everyone via the public journal - so that's not making him look too tempting to other women. "Ohhh he's putting another woman down - please date me! Right away, I want to marry you!" Shooting yourself in your own foot is never healthy.

Have you read my profile? Please point out where in it that says I'd be interested in either of those things?

No comments: