Monday, October 6, 2008

6 Months in my year of 29

This month, on the 29th, marks my 6th month in the year of 29 - a celebration of my last year in my 20s. I noticed this when I happened to look up at my Pug calendar, and saw Count Pugula, Transylvanian Pug of Darkness looking down at me. (Yes, I have a calendar of Pugs dressed up... I'm easily entertained!)

I figured I'd do a status update on everything that has been happening so far:

1. I finally started grad school in September - which is wonderful. I love learning, so that fulfills my need exceptionally well. I'm trying to be proactive and get my work finished early; I'm breaking the pattern. My "part 2" of my class is this coming weekend, so I'll be back in DC again.

2. I've taken on a lot more OD responsibility at work, which I'm finding is where my passion is being fulfilled. I may complain about my problem client, but I can really see the transition in them, and I've gotten a lot of good feedback from the directors. I'm also partnering with my coworkers to begin work in a non-patient setting, so this should be another challenge that I'm undertaking.

3. I've been taking time for myself, and trying not to over-plan, or over-think things. It's been working, but I've had a few relapses, but it'll get better!

4. Bowling is going well - I have my own ball now, and being drilled specifically to my hand is a good thing. My score has increased drastically, with a 20 pin move on my average. It's good to get away and throw heavy objects, joke with my friends, and eat grilled cheese!

5. I've been dating, which is fun... and a learning experience all in itself. I've met some losers, and some winners... and one who just wanted to clean my house naked. Ummm.... yeah. Just so everyone is on the same page, I do not have sex by appointment.

6. I've lost 18lbs so far - and I'm still going to the gym and dieting. I'm trying hard to get below that 20lb mark, and I will get there!

Hmmm... I can't think of anymore right now, but that seems like a lot! I do believe my sparkle is back in my eye ;)

No comments: