Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hoot and Clowns

I love my new NTL friends from my workshop last week. Shirley sent out pictures that she took over the week, and some group shots of the T-groups. The standing joke that we (I guess you had to be there) thought was so funny, was when my Buddy (with a capital B) Anthony, was telling me about his wild college days from across the bar... it went something like this:

Anthony: "That's right, Amy. I am a rebel. I can sing Sinatra, drink brandy, smoke cigars, and give a guy a clowning when he needs one."

Amy: "A clowning?"

Anthony: "That's right, in the nose, he'll look like Bozo the Clown."

Amy: "Wow, that's impressive."

Anthony: "Yes, you would be impressed."

Stu, Jon, and Dan exchange funny looks.

Dan: "So, Amy, when are you guys going to Bethel for your session?"

Amy: "I think April and I are going in March or April for it."

Dan: "You have to go to Suds, for the "Hoot"!

Amy: "The hoop?"

Dan: "No, the "HOOT".

April: "What's a Hoot?"

Dan: "It's when the locals, living on their cultural island, come to the local bar for open mic night - it's highly entertaining!"

Amy: "Do I get to Hoot if I want?"

Anthony: "I can Hoot, Amy, I learned the fine art of it back in the day."

Amy: "This I have to hear!"

Anthony: "No,no, I don't want to waste it here. And, I have to head home now."

Exit Anthony.

Stu, Jon, and Dan: "Did he say "clown" someone?"

LP: "Yes, he did"

Chris: "WTF!"

Amy, Jon, Stu, Dan, LP, and April burst into a fit of giggles! Thus the NTL Terminology Handbook began.

So, back to Shirley's pictures.. Stu took the one group shot, and put clown noses on everyone, and a reindeer next to Stephen, because he was hit on by a Buck out on the property. Apparently, if you like something you see, it's perfectly acceptable to stomp your foot at it aggressively.

No comments: