Sunday, October 5, 2008

loving fall saturdays

After spending almost 24 straight hours up, as I didn't go to bed until 4am this morning, due to being lost in conversation with a pretty cool dude... I crawled out of bed around 7:30am to head to the Darlington Apple Festival.

Well, I guess I should take a step back and add that I decided that today was going to be about me. I was going to do what I wanted to do, and not worry about school, or any of my other obligations or projects.

With that said, I spent the early morning into afternoon in Darlington, enjoying the beautiful weather and a hot apple dumpling with a side of vanilla ice cream. We took the scenic route to Towson from Harford County, along winding and beautiful Harford Road. After a quick pit-stop lunch, we made it just in time for the Olympian Parade - ironically called the "Parade of Gold".

If anyone ever asks me, I will deny being there, as I am not a member of the "Phan" club, but there were two intriguing moments for me. The first is turning the corner from Burke onto York Rd, looking up the hill, and seeing two fire engines with ladders extended and our flag hung between them. It was huge! An awe inspiring sight! The second is when Phelps closed the parade, cleared the corner, and a wosh of energy from the audience rushed to the hummer. His face was priceless, as a look of fear crossed.

From there I recouped with a nap, before heading out to meet Mr. 4am himself for a quick bite and drinks. I forgot what a night out in Canton is like, as we witnessed a fight, overheard a lot of drama, and he got to see one man peeing on the wall! But overall it was an awesome time, and I'm glad I went. I love meeting new people, especially when they are quality.

Tomorrow I have a date with my research paper... how lame.

No comments: