Wednesday, October 1, 2008

shiny things

If there is any day that I could have stayed in bed and slept longer, today would have been it. I don't know what it is, but I've been staying up late listening to music, and chatting online, that I've been losing track of time. Maybe I just need the mental escape.

I heard back from my professor, and now I'm right on track with my thesis statement. I was talking to my coworker about it, and it's almost if they are forcing me to write as if I'm not in the business and I don't know anything. I can act dumb, I've been playing that role for years. Oh well, whatever I need to do to get it done!

There is so much going on this month. I always feel like I have to pick and choose, as there is never time for all the fun Fall events. Now with school, and most of my weekend time zapped for homework, it's even more strapped.

Here are few items I'm trying to work in: Darlington Apple Festival, Olympian Parade, CornMaze (no, I haven't picked a date yet), STOMP festival at Sugarloaf, my weekend at school, Halloween party, my first Confirmation class with the kids, my week long workshop away, a few Bonfires.... oh, and did I mention that I work a full time job? hehe

I bought myself the Serenity Bracelet the other day at Hallmark. For those longtime followers of my blog, this is the same gift that I got my confirmation candidate in April. I've done some research, and the abbreviated version that I learned in high school is not the full prayer. The bracelet has another verse, and reads:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace.

The prayer goes on from there, in other versus, but that section is what really speaks to me - Living in the moment!

Speaking of jewelery, the Walters Art Gallery is hosting "Bedazzled: 5,000 years of Jewelry" starting in October too.... ohhhh shiny things!

No comments: