Monday, September 28, 2009

Great weekend!

I have so much to say, and it all doesn't flow, so I'll just chunk it again!

1. We are going to Bermuda! The director of our program announced that the faculty finally made the decision to send my cohort to Bermuda for our International Residency! I am so excited! I was just there in August of 2008 for vacation, and now I get to spend 10/11 days there in Feb of next year with my cohort. It is a working trip, but we are going to have so much fun! I can't wait!

2. I learned some new techniques for relaxing my shoulders and neck. Stephanie has been doing body work for awhile, and she pushed on my shoulders from above, and I could literally feel the energy drain out of my head and into my gut. Its supposed to help insomniacs who can't sleep because of their spiraling thoughts. Which, is not me, but it felt really really good. My shoulders have been tight for the last few days, and she was able to get some of the knots out. She also did an intense shoulder massage which was heavenly! Adam, the younger brother of the cohort, is really sweet. As I was getting my massage, he sat on the floor in front of me to get his shoulders rubbed. Stephanie made me so relaxed, I just cuddled up to his back and closed my eyes for a few minutes. He makes a great pillow. And I don't think he gets enough attention. He's really young, and is the only guy in a class of 18 women.

3. The Marriott Wardman is freaking huge! I can only describe it as a Vegas-style hotel, when it comes to size. The beds were comfy, and the room was rather large. April stayed over with me Saturday night, which is a lot of fun. We walked through a convention's breakfast on the way to the parking garage and we decided that we just need to hit all the conventions in DC - lots of yummy looking guys mingling about! Or hang out at the lobby bar after the convention events!

4. The usual group of cohort ladies went out to dinner on Saturday night. Nidhi took us to her favorite Indian restaurant in Arlington. It was SOOOOO GOOD! I had a lamb and rice dish, but everything was amazing. We just passed the plates around and shared everything. Even Christine, our meat and potatoes lady, enjoyed the food. Then we headed over to a tap house for a drink or two. I found a new orange wheat beer that was delicious. This is when the conversation really got interesting. One of the ladies wanted us to rate our own selves in bed! hehehehehe A few of us single ladies concluded that we need lovers. hehehe

5. I did not meet up with my friend like I thought I would. We did exchange texts early on Friday, but he told me he might fly out to see his fiance in Denver for the weekend. It was a spur of the moment thing. He was supposed to text me by Friday afternoon to let me know, but he never did. Oh well, I don't need friends like that. I don't care that he wanted to go see her, hell, I'd go see my love too - but a courtesy text one way or another would have been nice.

6. I got a lot of compliments on my weight loss in the last few days. I'm so proud of myself! I feel really good, and I'm going to continue on this path!

7. I've been so happy the last week or so. I think my moods really do depend on my PMS. But I'm having fun, I love where I am, and I'm just feeling really hopeful about the future. I'm having fun, and its no longer an effort, I'm starting to have fun in everything I do again! I'm back!

8. I started talking to a few different guys over the last week too from the dating website. No, not the one I reported about last week, other ones. Hopefully a date or two will pan out with them, but nothing scheduled yet. Dating is fun!

I think that covers everything lurking around in my head.... hehehe

Have a great Monday!

No comments: