Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September Book Club

I'm impressed with myself. I bought "My Sister's Keeper" weeks ago, but never got around to reading it. I picked it up around 5:15pm last night, took a break to get a pedicure, and then eat dinner, and finished the entire book by 11pm! I had to finish it, as book club is tonight. What a tear-jerker! I need to talk to the girls in the group, because we have to stop reading books that make me cry. I don't think I can see the movie, it would get me all worked up.

I don't know if I was in the situation of the parents what I would do. Basically they genetically engineered a baby to match the genetics of the older sister so she could be a match and save the older sister's life. The story is about the struggle of growing up in a family like that, where everything is focused on the older sister, and the younger sister never being heard or seen as her own person. I won't ruin the ending, but she truly was her sister's keeper.

I am really getting excited about going away to school this weekend. There are many reasons, mainly that this is a lighter class, where we don't have to do any interpersonal scoop up of our inner shadow. My personality, based on my MBTI, preference is to do interpersonal work and continually ask the question 'why', but sometimes I just want it to stop. I'm going to have fun with the girls out on the town! WOOT! I get to sleep in a awesome Marriott bed (I love their beds) and if the calendars work out, I get to see a friend who I haven't seen in 8 years! I'm really looking forward to that!

No comments: