Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday Post

It seems later in the week than it is, I actually thought today was Thursday for some reason. But its good to know that I have more time to work on my paper. Its not officially due until Labor Day, but I would like to finish it early so I can enjoy the weekend and the awesome weather. My friend Stephanie and I were giving each other electronic support in writing it yesterday afternoon. We'd work on it for 20mins, then email each other to chat, and then do another 20mins. We got about 2 hours of work in that way... its great to have someone to help motivate you!

I have great news to share, well, it's not really my news, but I love them so much I'm announcing it on my blog - My friends Ryan and Heather are engaged! WOOO HOOO! I'm so excited for them, congratulations!! I went out with them last night to happy hour at $1 beer night at Red Brick, and got to share in the good news! Happiness is priceless!

On another note, I'm still working on me. I really like me... well, I always have, but now I'm starting to see the full picture of me. Its a lot of fun discovering who I am, and everyone has been really supportive in that drive. Ryan also reminded me that I need to stop planning, anything longer than 6 months away is just a "hope." My only goal right now is to graduate, that's concrete and I will focus on that. Whatever happens, happens. Its a good reminder. I keep saying, especially in light of the drama that occurred this weekend "Lord, thy will be done." I'm okay again to let the Lord take me where I may, to learn what I need to learn. People have always said that I am an old soul, who operates on a different level than others, which may just mean I'm that much closer to enlightenment.

I'm trying to reconcile both sides of myself. There's this very flirty, teasing, sexy side of me that awakens with some men that I interact with... yet there is this innocent, sweet, gentle soul of me who wouldn't hurt a fly. Its two sides of a scale, and I haven't found balance in them yet. I'm either one extreme or the other, but I do know that I won't disrespect myself. And when I have enough, I walk away.

No comments: