Friday, September 11, 2009

Weekend Break

Yoga last night was an excellent start to a wonderful weekend. My teacher was more organized then ever, and we did a lot of really good chanting and meditation afterwards. The room was really warm, so I got some really good flexibility in my bends, opposed to when we were doing yoga in the ice box (aka gym) before.

Today the girls at work and I are going out for sushi for lunch.... I haven't had some in awhile, so I'm really looking forward to it. Then tonight I'm going out with Rachel to the Gilded Lily show. It should be a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing the Baltimore Improve Group there too. I've heard great things about their shows, and now I get to see it first hand.

Tomorrow is the Pigtown festival and I'm only really going because of the pigs. Apparently they call that area of town Pigtown because they used to run the pigs from the local farms down the streets on their way to the processing house. Now its one day of celebrating the pig with pig races and dog contests. I have never been, but it should be a lot of fun, with a lot of pictures taken.

On Sunday I'm heading out with my friend Arjay to the Gettysburg Wine Festival. I have never been there either, but all of my friends rave about PA wines. Arjay and I attempted dating last fall, but we make better friends than anything. He just got out of a relationship, and I'm still feeling unresolved, so we thought it would be fun to go out and just have fun over some wine. Good idea!

Its been a great week not focusing on homework in the evening. I have a million chapters to read, but with 3 weeks until class, I had the opportunity to put some off. I'm going to start back to the grind this coming week, but it was good just to have a break.

I was thinking about a lot of heavy stuff at the gym last night. But I usually think about heavier things when I'm PMSing. As I was running my little heart out on the elliptical, I was thinking about how my life would have been different up until now if I had a different body. If I was "built." I wonder what would have happened differently in situations with guys in the past. Would the guys that I'm great friends with actually be interested in me? Oh well, the present is the only thing that matters, and I'm giving the gift of life to myself.

No comments: