Sunday, September 20, 2009

Living for the weekends!

A friend of mine on facebook made that comment, "Living for the weekends," and I have to agree that it is what I seem to be doing lately too. In my quest to have as much fun as possible, I seem to be jamming my weekends with activities, which is awesome!

I took Stacey with me to the 5Rhythms meditation on Friday night. There were a different group of characters there then last time, with a few the same. Also, our instructor was different, and had a British accent, which was cool. He was more formalized in his teaching approach, as we had more teaching then last time. As always, the weirdest man in the room found me, and captured me as a partner when we had to pair up for a few things. Stacey left me with him, but she was ready to jump in if necessary. He just reminds me of the sitting in a dark basement playing D&D type. But, I did get a lot of stuff out when I was dancing, which felt good. Chaos is my favorite rhythm, as I connect it to throwing a temper tantrum. My arms were going all over, and I was mumbling under my breath my anger and aggression. It felt incredibly good to get into it. Chaos is just letting your body vibrate and jiggle to a fast beat as much as you want it to, letting the limbs and head go. After literally dancing for 2 1/2 hours on a hardwood floor barefooted, I could hardly move once I parked the car back at home, but I slept really really well.

Saturday was The Maryland Wine Festival which was a blast. I like PA wines better than Maryland, as PA seems to be sweeter. I don't mind a glass of dry wine, but if I wanted to really enjoy and go through the bottle, then I need candy in a glass. There were so many people there, the line to get in alone was over an hour, and they had 5 gates. There was incredible fair food, wine, yummy cheese, and crafts galore. The day could not have been more beautiful with the weather and the clear blue sky. It was so nice to be outside and just starting to enjoy the last few days of summer. I did get a little sun burn, but that's typical of me. April and I brought our moms, and they had fun hanging out together and talking while we were doing the tasting. My friend Stephanie and her hubby were there, and of course Stacey and her crew. It was great to see everyone again, I miss hanging out with them.

Saturday night found me headed down to April's in Germantown then off to Arlington for a birthday party. We got our 'hot girl' dresses on, put on the war-paint, and went out to find some men! Unfortunately the evening was very low key, and I just enjoyed getting tipsy with a bunch of new people, as I people watched. We went to this place called Eventide, which is three levels of trendy coolness in the heart of Arlington. Their rooftop deck is amazing, although it was way too chilly to hang out up top. We then made it to the Claredon Ballroom, which reminded me of a college party all over again. April asked me if I saw any prospects, and I mentioned that I felt like a cougar! Rawwwr! hehe But it was nice to relax, and enjoy. It was her best friend's birthday, and it was nice to finally meet her. The three of us are going out one night in Alexandria to enjoy some yummy food and bars. We are also going where there will be people more along the lines of our age. I crashed at her place, and got up early this morning to come home.

Today found me reading some chapters for next weekend's class prior to heading to the church crab feast. It was DELICIOUS! The crabs were big and full, all you can eat, plus a whole buffet of additional food. I was so happy to see my priest again, as he was transferred in the beginning of September to another parish. We did our typical dancing, and this time I got some video of it! Mom, and Aunts Carolyn and Kas all took the floor for the jitterbug. At one point another cousin mentioned that they were all in step, and I remembered that they all have been dancing together for over 50 years! They used to jitterbug and put on shows at the family parties. My mom was also on a teen dance show in Baltimore - Buddy Dean - which the movie Hairspray is copied from.

Why can't every day be the weekend?

Here are the pics and videos from the crab feast:

OLQP Crabfeast 2009

No comments: