Monday, September 14, 2009

I got lei'd by a group of men in kilts

We're men, men in kilts, men in kilts! Actually the song is "we're men, men in tights, men in tights" and it is from the Robin Hood, Men in Tights movie. But after I saw the group of men in kilts, that's the first spoof on the song that popped into my head.

I guess I should explain my weekend backwards, starting with Sunday, and then move back to Friday, as Sunday is the most interesting involving the men in kilts. As I mentioned in my last blog, I went to the Gettysburg Wine Festival with a friend on Sunday. I got really really tipsy, which means I was smart enough to let him drive us all the way there and back. At most wine festivals I usually just try one or two interesting sounding wines from each winery. My friend likes to try all the wines from each... needless to say... Amy was very happy. Although I did not get affectionate, so I think my affection only happens when I'm attracted to the person. Anyway.... The Adams County Winery was there, and as part of their stick, all the men wear kilts. I saw a bunch of guys wandering around, and some were tasting at a different winery. I mentioned that I didn't get the memo to wear my kilt, and we started talking. Once I made it over to their winery, one of them took great pleasure in putting a sticker on my chest which announced I got leid. (The were out of actual leis at this point.) We got into a huge discussion between the difference of an Utility-kilt and a Ameri-kilt... with the conclusion that they are just from different companies. I left with 6 bottles of wine from a different winery - Shade Mountain, so I can't wait to indulge in them with dinner.

On Saturday I did go to the Pigtown Festival, which they had in the drizzle that was all of Saturday. It wasn't what I expected, I was thinking it would be bigger. But I did get a really cool necklace, met some neat dogs who were in the dog show, and got to see the piggies do one race. I went out to dinner with Mom that night, and then I spent the rest of the evening on the couch with a book. Very relaxing!

On Friday I did meet up with Rachel to go to the Gilded Lily show. I will definitely see Gilded Lily again, and the Baltimore Improv Group (BIG) but not at the same time. It was just too forced, as they tried to put the ladies from Lily into the improv. I did meet some of the people from the 20s and 30s Meet-up group that I joined... actually they caught and recognized me as soon as I walked into the door. Very nice guys, although a little young. But we'll see who else is part of that group.

I'm really looking forward to hitting the gym tonight. Speaking of gyms, which leads me to my other favorite things to do as a big kid - go to the playground. I found some really cool playgrounds linked on my favorite website. I wanna go play!

No comments: