Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pieces of Me

I should have been at the U2 concert last night. I'm not a huge fan, but I saw some of my coworker's pictures and videos, and it looked like a great show! I had a few opportunities to go, but they didn't pan out. That's okay, next time!

I had my appointment with my therapist last night after not seeing her for over a month. She told me about her assignment with the military and it sounds really cool. She's getting back into the swing of things. Based on things that are going on with me, and me loving life, she recommended that I just come monthly for a tune-up. I've been doing so well, and feeling incredible. Sounds like a great plan to me!

I've been reading more chapters from the book written by the Dahlia Lama, and I'm about to start the section on self-discovery. So far I've learned that things are never what they seem, as they are not made whole. Everything has parts, and parts have parts, which mean imperfections are everywhere. Anytime something seems perfect, remember that it is not. He also talks a lot about lust and anger, and how they stand in the way of finding stillness.

After my alarm went off this morning, I was laying in bed for a few minutes thinking about the pieces of me. What is in my shadow that I have yet to discover, and what is known to the world? I seem to have a few different parts, or roles, that are activated by the various people in my life. Some that I have given name to are: "The Innocent," "The Brain," "Miss Manners," "Holder of the World," and the "Sexy Woman." They each show up, but I haven't integrated them fully. Some naturally flow together, but not all. Now the chore is to determine what triggers the release of these roles by certain people, and how I can hold all of them at once.

No comments: