Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bonsai... not just a small tree! (Bowling - week 3)

Okay, so the title of the blog is for Ryan and Heather - nods to you! We were at bowling last night, and Ryan was playing his game of "let's see what we can get Amy to do", and asked me to scream Bonsai after I rolled the ball down the alley. To humor him, I did (although, no screaming was done), and I got a strike. His words, "I see the name of your next blog!"

Anyway! My average from the two weeks is just shy of 100, by 2 freaking points! But I bowled a 134, 85, and 104 last night, so I'm hoping to increase the average. It's not that I have gutter balls, I can get the ball down the alley. It's that I can't pick up the points on the spare consistently. My aim is slightly off, and the ball just grazes the pins, not knocking them down. We were bowling against an older man on the opposing team last night, and I don't know how he does it. He wanders up there, bends his knees, and just launches his arm and the ball in the air, and gets a strike. If he missed anything, he always picked it up for the spare. Un-freaking-believable!

I woke up with a stiff back this morning, so I think it's time to use my gift certificate to the spa. Last year my co-workers and I had a spaliday right before Christmas, and I experienced my first Raindrop Therapy. IT'S HEAVEN! My massage therapist was great as well, wonderful personality, so I will ask for her when I go back. Basically, the treatment consists of 7-9 essential oils that are dropped down your spine one by one. After each oil is dropped, there's a different massage technique used on your back. This is after some basic relaxing massage at the beginning, and in the middle there's a full back massage. The treatment ends with a foot massage... I'm melting in my chair just thinking about it. I may just add a facial, just to get the full relaxing pampering experience.

That is one thing I miss about having a boyfriend, the soothing touch of someone who cares.

No comments: