Friday, May 2, 2008

It's over...

... Confirmation 2008 that is!

Last weekend when I was out with some friends I was sharing the joys and tribulations of working with my hoodlums. I mentioned how one of the girls told me her mother is making her get confirmed so she wouldn't get pregnant. About that time, one of my friends made the comment, "What does she think will happen? Get dipped in spermicide!??!"

Well, as I sat there last night, watching each of them get confirmed, I couldn't contain my giggle, as that line kept rolling through my head.

But, all and all it was a good night. The readers read on time (my first year we had one kid refuse to get up, even though he volunteered to read), no one fell (my own memories from my confirmation when I fell), no one wiped the chrism off all over their robe (although my candidate wanted to know if it would drip down her forehead, and I had to explain that it was like Vaseline and would stay in place), and Msgr. ate all the cookies.

I was very happy that Jessica B. chose me to be her sponsor. She's a really great kid, and is the one that gave me the muffin joke I shared awhile back. She's had a lot of challenges in her life, with her parents getting divorced, but I know she's strong enough to overcome everything. I pray that she has much success in high school and college, and keeps the faith - in herself, in love, and in God.

No comments: