Friday, May 16, 2008

water water everywhere...

Well, my evening got a little crazy last night. After coming home from the gym, mom was digging trough her linen closet and noticed a box was wet. Then after more investigation, the entire floor and wall were wet too. The only thing on the other side of the closet is the water heater, so out we went with a flash light to investigate. Unfortunately you cannot get to our water heater from inside the house, only a trap door on the backside of the house.

We opened the trap door and there was water everywhere, which seemed to be dripping from the ceiling. We can't get to the top of the water heater without a ladder, so my mom went to get our neighbor to investigate. He climbed up there, and it wasn't the rain getting in like with thought - our water heater had sprung a tiny pin-hole leak in the piping, and was misting everywhere. Which explains why our water bill was double last month! We just thought they calculated incorrectly, and had scheduled them to come out and check the meter.

After calling BGE, having our neighbor try to turn off our water and not being able to turn the valve, we settled on putting a clamp on the pipe to hold it until BGE can come today. My mom is home waiting for the phone call, because if you don't answer when they call, they assume you don't want the service and won't come/call back. Isn't that nice of them!

And, since it's pouring outside, I'm assuming that BGE is going to love crawling under our house to get to the water valve, and working out back in the rain on the water heater. Lovely!

Tomorrow is a co worker's birthday, so I got up extra early and purchased some bagels from Panera to celebrate. Whoever has the birthday before has to buy for the next birthday - thus it's my turn. Yummy!

I'll be leaving around 10am to head to our corporate offices in Columbia for the manager's meeting and facilitation of the coaching and feedback course. Hopefully my game will go over well, as I've been rehearsing the "ah-ha!" moments in my head all morning. I hate wearing a suit on Fridays... especially when it's raining like crazy. The outfit just doesn't work when you look soggy.

Tonight is a surprise 50th birthday party for my cousin-in-law. It should be a huge surprise since his birthday was in April. Hopefully the weather clears up, as it's at a restaurant on the water with a nice deck and pier. A few cocktails on the outside deck sounds nice right about now... it's been a long week. Mom and I are in charge of balloon wrangling, which is always fun to try to get into a car... in the pouring rain.

Did I mention it's raining again? I really need my forehead kissed... that would make me feel better.

No comments: