Monday, May 5, 2008

I need a weekend trip...

I'm not sure where to, but a fun weekend away seeing a new city would be a great time. I'll have to think about this some more...

The gym last night was great fun, I got to meet the owner who was installing a lot of new machines. We both played with the new set of stride machines that he was installing - very weird feeling... I'll have to attempt that again when I'm feeling adventurous. I pushed myself on the elliptical, and for me, I made great time in a mile! Yay! I'm getting back into shape! I've even lost a few pounds, which is definitely wonderful. The plan now is to double my distance and shorten my time.... I will do it!

My application to my graduate program got mailed this morning, and for some reason the post office was a hot spot - the line was out the door! My fingers, eyes, and toes are now crossed! The next step would be to set-up my interview and apply for financial aid. Another student loan to add to my belt, but I'm worth it!

I had some drama last night as a lady decided to walk her pet parrot on the avenue at white marsh. My fear of birds was intensified, as this thing was freaking huge! I had to remind my mom not to cause a scene... and to remember when I suddenly change direction and quickly tell her to walk over here, to not stand in the middle and yell "what?" "why?" "what's going on?" I really don't like to draw attention to myself in public when I'm freaking out. Nor instigate the bird into flapping it's wings - which just makes the whole thing worse! SIGH!

No comments: