Friday, May 23, 2008

Welcome, Summer!

I can't wait for the weekend to start! Long weekends relaxing in the summer are the best. And, the weather looks like it's going to actually cooperate and be warm and wonderful!

I love all things outside during the warmer months - expect that they don't normally love me. I'm the poor fool with the sunburn and 50 million mosquito bites; there's normally one in every crowd. But, carnivals, wine festivals, festivals in general, deck parties, parades, restaurants with outside seating, listening to music on the lawn, relaxing on a beach - all of it, just makes me happy.

Hopefully some friends and I will get a chance to go to the beach like we are planning for the end of June. I have 3 umbrellas and SPF 50 - I'm ready! My skin is just too fair to really withstand anything... I burn, freckle, and turn pale again. I have bathing suit "tan" lines from 10 years ago, when I got really burnt at the beach. I call them "tan" lines, but they are really freckles, but you can see where my bathing suit straps were - as there aren't freckles there. I'm hoping that one day they organize and form a union, and I'll be all one color. I even got burnt in the car on the way to the beach, as we sat in traffic. The sun was blaring in on my thigh and needless to say it didn't end well.

But, such is life! That doesn't mean I'm not going to go out and enjoy it! I'm just trying to find a way to not attract mosquitoes so much. I've learned to not where my perfume, or any other scent, I've used the "protective lotion", and the candles, and it still doesn't work! I just have to cover my feet and legs if I'm going to be out in the grass - which makes me sad, as I love my flip flops!

Anyway, I'm just so excited - this is going to be a great weekend! I get to meet new people, help out for a good cause, and just enjoy myself! WOOOO HOOOOO!

No comments: