Thursday, May 1, 2008

real women buy their own bling!

Most young women dream about what they want their engagement rings to look like. Actually, the fever started when I was in high school, and as part of a family life course, we had to plan our entire wedding - even a budget! Anyway, I like being unique and creative, so the normal diamond never really appealed to me. Diamond is my birthstone, so I have a lot of jewelry with diamonds in it. So, I got tired of waiting for a man to buy me the ring that I want, and I went ahead and found one for my right hand. Apparently, that's the new trend, women buying their own fancy right hand rings.

My favorite jewelry designer is Tacori, but their pieces are a huge investment as they are all platinum. Fortunately, they are now doing a line for QVC - which is silver dipped in platinum and VERY VERY CHEAP. I couldn't resist, and now I have my very own piece of bling! It came in the mail yesterday, and I'm wearing it proudly!

******************

This morning has been nuts, as I just got out of two meetings that I was running at the same time! It was a comedy routine as I switched rooms every 10 minutes. I had the Director of IS Security and one of the Analysts in one room, and a few Leaders from MPP in another. Both of which talking about two very different things!

But I got my revenge... on the OTHER eLearning system. They had given me a laptop to do the recordings of modules (thus why IS Security was there) and as they were using the laptop to record, they could clearly see that it wasn't up to my company's standards, nor does it have encryption software on it - which nearly gave them a cow. I graciously explained that they have an entire room of such laptops that really could use IS Security's guidance. HEHEHEHEHE -- me evil! I never saw two people jump for their blackberries so quickly!

********************

This weekend I'm going to see a new show at Center Stage which is a world-premiere of These Shining Lives for my birthday. My mom got tickets, and then off to dinner and some Cinco de Mayo celebrations happening around town! Should be a blast!

Okay... back to work!

No comments: