Monday, May 19, 2008

more monday thoughts....

I'm pondering a lot today... maybe I'm PMSing and that's what is driving me to over think and think some more.

I wonder why it is, that when someone sends an email, it takes so long for others to get back to them. And it's funny, because I can see that the status of the email I sent was "read", and that the various people sign-in to the program multiple times during the day, so it's not like they are "away".. yet a reply has yet to arrive. Is it that they are too busy to reply, not know what they want to say in reply, or really have no interest in maintaining a viable communication channel? It's not as if I'm asking them to defend their thesis here, the question was simply, "I'm fine. How are you?"

I'm going to start doing that to them... or require they attend my department's class on timely communication. Hell, I will gladly print them a learning map that they can use on their leisure to improve this competency. It has suggested readings, learning activities, and tasks they can do to fully understand how to become successful at it.

No comments: