Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My travel list...

A piece of chocolate just told me to "follow my instincts." I bet most people didn't know that chocolate shared inspirational messages, but then most would be sadly mistaken. (Just to clarify that I didn't completely crack, the message was written on the inside of the wrapper of the Dove chocolates!)

It's really a shame that the travel and food channels are right next to each other on my cable network, as they give me lots of grand ideas. Especially when they seem to combine forces and the chefs go on weekend trips to various locations and eat yummy food.

So, as I sit here eating my strawberries and fruit cream cheese dip (a lovely combination) I've started to compile my list of weekend trips I would like to take in the near future... in no particular order, and not all involving food:

1. Chicago - to try the pizza
2. Miami - for the beach and Joe's Stone Crabs
3. Yellowstone National Park
4. Jellystone Camp Grounds - I'm not much of a camper, but they have cabins and Yogi bear - what more could you need?
5. Mt. Rushmore - great photo ops!
6. San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge
7. San Diego Zoo
8. Crater of Diamonds National Park - which is near Hot Springs - HELLO diamonds and spa - what more can a woman want?
9. Catalina Island
10. Boston - I was there when I was 6, but don't remember it that much... but LOBSTER is great!
11. Savannah, GA - And I can't NOT go to Paula Dean's restaurant
12. Finger Lakes/Wine country in NY
13. Niagara Falls
14. Redwood Forest
15. The Coke Factory in Atlanta, GA
16. The Met and Serendipity in NY - been there numerous times but never to those two places
17. Kansas City - that woman in the car commercial told me that the rib eye is worth it if I want to play with the big boys
18. New Orleans - I've been there twice, but it's a fun trip
19. Seattle - space needle
20. Mackinac (Mackinaw Island) - it's just beautiful
21. Gem Mountain - rumor has it that one's luck is better there than Crater of Diamonds
22. San Antonio
23. Napa Valley

Well... that's enough to get me started... I have to ponder more ... anyone wanna go with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I call wine country NY and Nappa Valley!!!!!!!!